7 Tips to increase your sales on line
More and more people are using the convenience of online to support their decision of which business they will invest in for their services and products. In the old days, all the power was with the sales person, today it is with the prospect. This is due to more social media, IT Technology and people today just want convenience. Therefore, you need to start to understand the behind the screens marketing methods that will give you results.
This is all about conversion. Yes, that intimidating topic: how to get more buyers from your online traffic.
The only reason conversion is intimidating is that there are a lot of places you can go astray. Most of them aren’t that hard to fix, but any one of a thousand little problems can keep you from getting the conversion you should have.
I don’t have a thousand tips for you today, but I do have 7 to get you started.
Here are the first 7 fixes, some small, some big, for making more sales online.
- Does your product or service solve a problem people actually care about? How do you know? If your basic offer doesn’t appeal to your prospect, you’re sunk before you begin. Make sure you’re selling something people want.
- Let prospects know they’re buying from a human being. Keep your language personal, friendly, and (for most markets) informal. Sound like a person, not a pitching machine.
- Tell a story about how you solved this problem for yourself before you started selling the solution to others. Let readers put themselves in your shoes. Let the prospect feel, “Wow, this person is a lot like me.”
- Fix your typos, make sure your links work, avoid grammar mistakes that make you look dumb. Reassure your prospect that you know what you’re doing.
- Test two headlines. When you find a winner, run it against a new headline. Keep eliminating second-best. Google Adwords is a quick and efficient way to do this.
- Try testing an “ugly” version of the sales copy. Boring fonts, not much layout, no pretty colors. Weirdly, sometimes a bare-bones presentation works better. Don’t just run ugly without testing it, though, because it doesn’t always win.
- Instead of sending traffic right to a sales page, put them through a six- or seven-message autoresponder first. Give them enough information to build their trust and let them know you’re the best resource.
Now, it is time to implement some of the above tips into your business. Remember knowledge without implementation is worthless.